Home Umræður Umræður In English Climbing partners in March

• This topic is empty.
  • Höfundur
    Svör
    Skabbi
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hi,

My name is Amar Vutha; I work as a researcher at Harvard University in Boston, USA. I plan to be in Iceland between 15th March-2 April and I am writing to try and find some climbing partners during that time. This will be my first trip to Iceland, and I am eagerly looking forward to the trip. I am definitely more interested in having fun and getting to know your country through its mountains and ice-climbs, rather than to check off some list of routes. I would be more than happy to tag along with any of your club’s trips, or to climb with anyone who needs a belayer. I will have my own gear and lots of time ! (As for experience: I like climbing waterfall ice in the North-Eastern USA, and have previously done a bit of mountaineering in the north-western US, Ecuador and India.)

Could you please pass the word to your members and let them know ? Anyone interested can feel free to email me at this address.

Takk kaerlega !

Póstfangið hans Amar er amar@cua.harvard.edu

Skabbi

brabb1
    Meðlimur

Hello,
    I’m in a similar situation. I’ll be in Iceland April May 9-13 and would like to tag along with someone. I don’t want to carry my gear on this trip so I will probably rent some. I’ve ice climbed some before and am more than willing to pay for your expenses. I’m 25, male and laid back.

Thank you,
    Ben

brabb1@uab.edu

Dieinekis
    Participant

Hello I am in in the same situation..I have moved to Iceland since one month ago.. :S And no climbing.Is anyone interested for rock climbing,mountaineering,etc. I dont have so much experience in ice-climbing to go first but i can do as a belayer..
    If someones is interested message me. :)
    have a nice evening!

VictorPM
    Meðlimur

Hi Evangelos! I’m living in Iceland also. I’m trying to create a group to go to the mountains in Iceland. I’m not so experienced in techincal things (like ropes and so on) but I’ve been always in the mountains. Just send me a mail or contact me if you still in Iceland or you’re interested.

4 umræða - 1 til 4 (af 4)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.