Reply To: Áhugavert úr klifurheimum – safnþráður

Home Umræður Umræður Almennt Áhugavert úr klifurheimum – safnþráður Reply To: Áhugavert úr klifurheimum – safnþráður

Sissi

Skemmtileg grein um þróun ísklifurs. Er ekki kominn tími á að láta Valda eða einhverja mega sportklifurrottuna fá ísaxir og klára aðra uppferð áður en einhver túristinn tekur þetta?

„Helgi and I rated Amphibian M9, as it was a lot harder than Octupussy, M8. It was the first consensus M9 in the world. The next winter I climbed a magic route on half spray ice in Iceland, Brennivin, which I rated 9+, as it was a lot harder. I returned to Colorado after Iceland, and I climbed Reptile, which followed the edge of huge horizontal break across some of Vail’s steepest terrain to join the Fang. I called that M9 too. I come from a tradition where you rate a route with the lowest grade you can say with a straight face, not the modern „Instagrade“ of the highest grade you can say with a straight face. Brennivin was the first M11 in the world, although I rated it 9+, because it couldn’t be much harder, could it?“

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/experience-story?cid=will-gadd-mixed-climbing-evolution

PS. ég býð mig ekki fram