- This topic is empty.
16. apríl, 2012 at 13:50 #446022103844569Meðlimur
it has been quite a while since I was in Iceland last… So time to get back
How are you all? I read a lot about skiing (even with a new skiing webpage) and see climbing is developing as well. Good job!
I’d like to come over to climb this Summer. I have loads of time, but not exactly in the best period. I’m planning to be around from the start of August till the start of September.
Now I have quite some plans and maybe you all have some fun suggestions to add to the plan.
Here the plan:
– run the Laugavegurinn walk instead of walking the whole path.
– climb on Thumall and maybe open a new route (anyone ideas/tips…?)
– climb in Hnappavellir but only trad (no bolts)
– figure if it’s possible to drytool in the cave just before Vestrahorn (if rockclimbing can’t be done of course)
– climb some Alpine routes in the level of TD+ and up (ED/ED+/ABO)
– travel around an meet up with you all again
So, does anyone have suggestions of where to get into serious Alpine stuff in this period/time? And maybe does anyone have suggestions for multipitch trad routes around the island up to French 7c?
If anyone wants to join, you’re welcome of course. We (=Dennis and me) like to come over by boat so we can bring our 4×4 VW T3 campervan. We have two spare places so we can always give you a hitch or take some extra company
Hope you’re all already climbing minded so early in the season and hope you can give me some advice on where/what in trad and alpine (n)iceLand.
All the best!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.