19. janúar, 2016 at 13:12 #59755GlacierGuidesParticipant
Please let me know if this violates any forum rules.
Glacier Guides are looking to recruit new staff for their Skaftafell based operation in the New Year.
Working within an experienced and professional team, you will be responsible for safely leading glacier hiking, ice cave and ice climbing excursions on the lower hard ice areas of Iceland’s outlet glaciers. Details of the operation can be found on our website http://www.glacierguides.is.
We are looking for temporary full-time staff who are able to commit to a full season (April-October) employment. The role would suit mature applicants who are able to commit to living and working in a remote area on the outskirts of the Vatnajökull National Park.
Benefits include accommodation, full-board and transport to/from Reykjavik.
This is an entry level guiding position for passionate and enthusiastic individuals looking to begin a career in guiding and adventure tourism; previous experience is not mandatory, as full training will be provided for the right applicants. We invest a great deal in our staff in terms of training and professional development and opportunities exist for career progression within the operation.
At a minimum, we would expect applicants to be able to:
• Communicate clearly in English (other languages would benefit your application).
• Demonstrate an extensive background in outdoor activities, whether personally or professionally.
• Demonstrate knowledge of safe basic climbing practices and rope work (tying common knots, belaying, simple rescue techniques). Crevasse rescue experience would benefit your application.
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of weather systems and weather map interpretation.
• Provide a current and valid basic first aid certificate.
• Capable of the physically demanding nature of the role.
• Be legally entitled to live and work in Iceland (nationals of EU/EEA countries).
Start dates throughout April 2016.
For more information or to apply please contact the Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.