Join the Icelandic Alpine Club
Joining the Alpine Club is very simple. All you have to do is fill out the form below and we will send a bill to your online bank account. The membership changes slightly every year and we try to keep it low and reasonable, at the moment it is 6024 kr. The history of mountaineering in Iceland is by and large the history of the Alpine Club. It was founded in 1977 and runs a number of community events over the year. The club owns and maintains 1 mountain hut and publishes a yearly journal of mountaineering in Iceland. While the club is fueled by the interest and passion of its members it does bear the cost of these and other projects so we are grateful for the support of new members. Please note that we require your Kennitala so as to bill your online bank account and your full postal address so as to send you a copy of the yearly journal and your membership card.
Benefits of joining ÍSALP:
- A copy of the Icelandic Alpine Club Journal
- Access to our mountain hut
- Great discounts with many affiliated companies and stores
- An active community of people who love spending time in the mountains and developing mountaineering in Iceland.
- Community led events including courses, lectures and trips.
- Access to grants for expeditions and courses.