Searching for hiking company in March

Home Umræður Umræður In English Searching for hiking company in March

• Höfundur
    Svör
    Moltebaer
    Participant

Góðan daginn,

I’m looking for travel company in week 11 to 13 this March.

I (34, m, german, fit) do some trekking, rock climbing and have quite some experience and equipment for polar winter tours.
    Have done some 2-guys/2-week-trips in Sarek/Padjelanta/Abiskofjället and want to check out the conditions in Iceland prior to more advanced tours in the next years.
    Been in Iceland for some weeks/months during the last years and have some knowledge about the landscape, locations and routes, logistics and summer/autumn-conditions.

My intended touring partner canceled due to his studies, so I’m searching for one or more partners to explore Iceland in winter.
    I can offer one place in a suitable tent, kitchen equipment, orientation, lights, logistics and maybe food.
    My plan was to start on Mon 14.03. on Reykjanes and do some short trips (1 to 4 days) in the mountains at different locations (somewhere in the south between Snæfellsnes and Höfn), taking some photos, maybe (if possible) make a visit to the north (Tröllaskagi), spend the easter weekend in the Westfjords to listen to some music and drink a beer or two, then go back to Reykjavík.

It would be great if you had some experience and equipment of your own.
    Best case would be some Icelander with a storm-proof 2/3-persons-tent so I have 4 kg less of flight-bagage 😉
    I’m used to skiing with BC-Skies/Fjällski/Nordic and pulling a pulk, but consider using snowshoes and a big backpack plus some light sledge with a duffle-bag because I’m not quite sure about the amount of snow. Do you know better? Got some tips? Let me hear!

I thought about taking the bus or hitch-hiking between the different trekking-areas (that’s why I don’t really favourite my 200-Liters-pulk) but could as well rent a small 4WD if we’re near to a Höldur-location and have reasonable use for a car.

You’ve got some other interesting idea about glacier-hiking, ice-climbing, ice-caving?
    Hmmm… well… just let me hear about it – as long as it includes camping in stormy, snowy -10°C and below 🙂

Það væri bilun að fara í ferð með þér, Norbert

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months síðan by Moltebaer.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months síðan by Moltebaer.
    Moltebaer
    Participant

Still looking for company 🙂
    So far, I thought about hiking a little in Fjallabak, near to Grænalón and between Bifröst and Stykkishólmur.

Moltebaer
    Participant

Still looking for company 🙂
    You don’t have to sign up for the whole trip – just message me if you want to go on some multiple-day-hikes in weeks 11 to 13 and we’ll figure out a joined tour.
    Though you’d now have to bring your own tent since i’ve switched to a lighter solo-setup.

And consider ‘bilun’ replaced with ‘drullu gaman’ 😉

P.S.: it’s not even real winter hiking, because it’s past 28/29th of february rofl

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month síðan by Moltebaer.
3 umræða - 1 til 3 (af 3)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.