Looking for some climbing!

Home Umræður Umræður Ís- og alpaklifur Looking for some climbing!

• This topic is empty.
  • Höfundur
    Svör
    Erik Spaak
    Meðlimur

Good day climbers!

I’m Erik from Sweden. I moved to Reykjavik recently and am eager to meet up with some climbers in the area. I am learning some icelandic, but it’s not at its best yet, so I hope it’s fine if I write in english here.

I have understood that you have some good ice in the neighborhood and would be very happy to get out and try it. I’ve been climbing for a couple of years now, I lead some not too hard routes on rock, but have very little experience with leading on ice. I am happy as a second though :), or just to go toproping. I feel quite comfortable on something like WI4 ice but could most probably follow on harder stuff. I have not been out climbing anything this season yet, so might be a bit rusty.

So if anybody wants to hook up, or just need a ropemate for a day or so, please let me know! I’m planning to stay on Iceland until and probably during summer, maybe longer if I still like the place and can find some thesis-work here.

I’ll be hanging out in Klifurhúsið from time to time to get some training, maybe some of you hang around there? I am thinking about signing up for the Ísklifur II course, to improve some skills and meet some climbers maybe in a similar situation like me.

Send me a mail at erikspaak@gmail.com or give me a call at 7753802.

Með kveðju,
    Erik

1 umræða (af 1)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.